Spring break was full of me trying to find things that fit the following criteria; It needs to be fun for kids age 1-13, boys and girls, able to work around two naps, a boy that doesn't like to leave the house, oh....and it has to be free! Needless to say, I was not too terribly succesful. Just ask the kids!
The end of our week was about celebrating Great Grandpa Arnett's life. On the way to the funeral, Lauren commented that you can't spell funeral with out "fun." Grandpa would be proud of his family. He taught them to laugh their way through life. Christopher, commented that Grandpa Charles Wallace Arnett truly was about as perfect as a person could be. He did everything he was sent here to do, by the book. It was such a gift to have him in our lives!
Today was Easter. We made it pretty clear to the kids that the Easter Bunny has also been hurt by a week economy and couldn't do a lot this year! I guess I feel like I need to not let my kids get their hopes up on special holidays. It was how I was raised and I don't really know any other way. They are always letting me know, "Ya, we get it Mom, we're broke!"
It was a good Easter in spite of financial difficulties. Lani was just happy to eat foil candies...foil and all and spent the day begging anyone who would listen to open candy for her.
We spent the afternoon at Jimmy and Tiffany's and had an easter egg hunt with the kids. There isn't anything cuter than watching a one year discovering Easter for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Amen to the broke Easter Bunny. I asked Cade if his friends had good Easters and he said, "Better than mine, Jason got Pokemon cards."
Well, good for Jason. His dad must not be in building.
Glad to see you're a blogger, now.
Post a Comment