Sunday, March 30, 2008

Oh yeah, that's why I do this.

It was another crazy weekend filled with sleepovers, Father's and Son's outings, and family parties. Thirteen year old girls up until 2 a.m. and one year old up for the day at 5 a.m. I also spent a couple hours packing my two boys (the one I married and the one I gave birth too,) for their big outing. I crawled into bed around 11p.m. for what I have started calling "naps." It just doesn't last long enough to be called "going to bed." I woke up at around midnight to check on my sleepover girls and to my surprise, my boys are tucked soundly into bed...after all my efforts, they only lasted 6 hours at the campout. That's what happens when the ward chooses a sight 10 min. from here! It is probably all for the best, when I called to check on them around nine, Christopher hadn't seen Milan in quite awhile. When I asked Milan the next day what he had done the whole time, he informed me that he had been watching the mountain lion and her cub! I tried to remain calm and tried to sound excited for him.
Anyway...I had eliminated all the extra kids by this evening and my kids begged me to go to the park. It was almost dark and the kitchen was a mess, but I decided to be spontaneous...for once! We all jumped on the swings and then raced around the entire park. We laughed the whole time. It was one of those moments that I realized why I signed up for this crazy life of mine. I signed up for it because in spite of the constant exhaustion, bad hours and sometimes lack of gratitude, I LOVE it, and wouldn't trade it for the world!

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

So happy that you are blogging!! P.S. You are going to scar your kids with the whole, "This holiday is going to be crappy" schtick. Bruce can't ever let Christmas go by without telling me about the "Christmas won't be very big this year" lectures you guys used to get.

Hatchetman said...

This really makes me reflect...I'll never be required to attend a fathers and sons outing, I'll never have to do merit badges, and the words, "Quit playing with your pee pee!" will never be spoken (maybe by Becca) ...and I'm not too broken up about it. It is great to see you blogging. I'm always entertained.


Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Lauren

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Ellyse

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Milan

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Lani

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!