Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And then there was one....

I can't lie and tell you summer flew by this year. With no money and a short vacation, it crawled along a bit! I kissed the crew good-bye, ran home and plopped the remaining kiddo in front of Elmo (bless you Elmo!) I cleaned this nearly condemed house like this was my last day on earth and everyone in Relief Society was going to see it. I had dinner sitting on the table by 5 and finished every bit of wash in the house. It was as if I had been locked up in jail all summer. I didn't do it alone though. I must take a moment to thank Energy Vitamin water. When the "high" finally wore off, I felt like I had been hit by a train. Christopher just couldn't figure out what was wrong with me when I didn't want to watch the Olympics (on the highest volume,) until midnight.
I took a chill pill this morning, finally convincing myself that there are plenty more school days ahead. Lani and I hit the running store and I rewarded myself with a long overdue pair of shoes. I earned these shoes by sitting through 2 hours of traffic court for Christopher instead of "just paying it!" He thinks I'm a saint and I have the shoes I want! We both win!
Here's to those brave souls that teach our kids every day!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hear you sweetie! The first day of school just can't come fast enough around here. Our first day is next monday and I'm thrilled! Finally the house will be quiet and poor baby Talan will be able to take a nap!

Becca Hatch said...

I'm glad you had a quiet and productive day. You deserved the new shoes for sure!

Christy said...

Pace yourself, sister! If you have excess energy from that vitamin water, this house could use some TLC.


Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Lauren

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Ellyse

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Milan

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Lani

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!