There have been a few moments in the last few years when we have asked ourselves this question...What did we do to deserve this? We've had our ups and downs for sure. But I have never asked myself that more than when I look at my little Elan "Lani" Haws. She just turned two yesterday and has spent every waking moment brightening our lives beyond belief! She can turn the most horrific day into the happiest day of your life. Whether it's her "deetle,deetle,deetle" (tickle,tickle,tickle,) or her "Are you OTAY?!" I'm pretty sure her Dad would have lost his very mind if it weren't for her undying love for him. Sure she also refers to her Uncle Wes as "Daddy," but we know her heart only belongs to Daddy. I thank my lucky stars for being able to physically pull off one more pregnancy with this aging body so we can have little Lani in our family! I know for sure Heaven knows us and sends little guardian angels to help us get through this life. I just hope I can be the Mother these sweet kids of mine deserve!
Happy Birthday little Lani! We love you more than you can imagine!!











6 comments:
You gave me chills. That Lani is so cute I can hardly stand it! She also brightens my day. We love you Lani! Happy Birthday.(And by the way if anyone deserves her, you do!)
Cheryl, I'm so glad to see you blogging again!! And what a cute post it is....Lani KILLS me with her cuteness. Those blue eyes are incredible. All of your children are amazing and she is the perfect caboose.
Happy Birthday little Lani! 2 years old! It's amazing how time flies by. Give her a little birthday hug from the Adairs!
Of course her card will be late, but we think the world of her nonetheless. I still laugh about when we were both pregnant and laid on my lawn ALL day, drinking cokes and eating mac and cheese. And all the while, Lani and Kiki were in heaven saying, "I made my mom puke ten times today- what's your record?" xoxo
I LOVE this post. The sentiment you expressed is one which I have felt constantly for the last 4 months since the birth of our little Luz. I love your insight that God knows what we need and sends us these little angels... Too True! I know that he blesses us beyond belief when we push past what we think we can do and simply trust in His promptings and plan for us. I love knowing that you have such a reminder of His amazing love for you! You are precious my friend...
Lani is two??? Wow, you are a wonderful mommy. . . and you just made my day. Ethan had a rough day today, and I feel bad I can't be helping Brianne. Then I read your comment (picturing your sweet face saying those words) and it just made me laugh. You are the sweetest and always know the right thing to say.
Love ya-
Heidi
Post a Comment