Saturday, March 28, 2009
Lauren
Fourteen years ago today, 20+ people crowded into a tiny hospital room. There were so many first about to happen...I was becoming a mother, Christopher a father, 4 were becoming grandparents and two more great grandparents, not to mention aunts and uncles. All of them for the first time. After a seemingly endless pregnancy, it was almost over. One last push and a then her first cry, followed by a loud cheer and applause in the room. Everyone was in tears and no one would be the same. The doctor that delivered her had never wanted kids, at Lauren's delivery she changed her mind!
Lauren and lived up to that dramatic entrance into the world. She came out perfect in every way and has become more than we ever imagined in a daughter. Sure she has a messy room and gets a little annoyed with her parents. But she has been more than happy to let us do all our practicing on her. She knows we're making it up as we go and she tries so hard to be patient with us. Truth be told she's raising us, not to mention all her younger siblings! Lauren...you make us sooo proud. We can't imagine our life without you in it!
Happy 14th Birthday angel girl! We love you more than you'll ever know!
xoxo
Mom and Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











5 comments:
Happy Birthday Lauren! I can remember the excitement of your birth and I was all the way over the ocean in Japan! You are an amazing girl! I hope that your birthday was as fabulous as you are!
Love, Aunt Stephanie
I can't believe she is 14 already!
Lauren- we love you and hope you had a happy birthday. Please come to visit. Also- just think- only two years and you will be DRIVING. You should put a countdown clock on your blog and really freak out your mom. xoxo
I am the official president of the Lauren Haws fan club. She is everything I ever hope to have in a daughter and everything I already have in a friend. Happy Birthday to the most brilliant, funny, sweet, beautiful, emotionally grounded, and all around awesome girl in the world!
Your post brought a tear to my eye to think about that day. Truly an amazing experience, especially for those of us who didn't have to be in labor for it! Lauren has lived up to the anticipation of that day in every way! We love you Lolo!
(Did we ever figure out what Mike Rose was doing there?)
Grandma Haws here: Reading your blog made me cry. We were so excited when Lauren was born. She had a huge role she accepted in this life. I'm sure she knew the enormous pressure she would be under to be such an example and such a joy to so many. And she has lived up to her calling! We love you Lauren. We love the model you are to your siblings and how sweet you are to your grandparents!
Post a Comment