Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Anniversary by the numbers....

Last night Christopher and I had our 15th wedding anniversary. It got us thinking about what can happen in 15 short years. I believe it was my fabulous sis in law that did this in one of her blogs...so I figure it would work for me too. Math was never my strong point, but that is really what it came down to...the numbers.
15- years married
14- years married without kids
4- months Christopher had to enjoy my abs without stretch-marks...not to mention all the other things that got stretched out...but let's keep it PG!
4- children
14- years we've been parents
7- houses we've lived in
2- cities we've lived in
6- times we've been to Europe together
9- times we've been to Canada together
45- states we have visited together
? - times Mom and Dad babysat while we went on trips...countless! (You're the reason we're still married, Mom and Dad!)
2- added body parts
1- lost body part
?- arguments...why count...I'm so over it ;)
0- arguments I've won

You know, Christopher and I hardly knew each other when we got married. It was either truly inspired or the craziest thing I've ever done. We've had our ups and downs, our struggles and triumphs. I can say with all honesty that I love him more than I did 15 years ago and I can't imagine having anyone on my team but him.
Humor has been the one thing that has kept us sane these past 15 years. His closing remarks to me at the end of our night out on the town were, "I never said it would be easy being married to me. I only said it wouldn't be boring!" Now lets just hope it's worth it!
Here's to another 15! (Then we'll evaluate things from there.)
Love you Christopher!
xoxo
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mendy said...

And just think, it all started with that red jacket at some awful dance that I made you go to with me. The rest is just crazy history!!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

Ah yes the infamous red jacket. Who could resist that?

Kathy said...

15 years....wow...you've done a lot of living! Congratulations!

The Lundell's said...

ok Cheryl that is the cutest entry! I especially love the added and lost body parts..you crack me up!


Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Lauren

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Ellyse

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Milan

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Lani

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!