I have never been nominated for Mother of the Year, but I also have never been turned into CPS...yet. My mothering has been called into question this past week. It all started when I went left my 1 year old in the locked car with her 11 year old sister and my sister parked right behind me. When I came out with my Milan, a woman stood at my car door with the look of the devil in her eyes! She proceded to scream at me. "Did I have any idea how dangerous it is to leave a baby in the car by herself?!" I made the mistake of responding to her question. "Yes, crazy lady, that would be crazy! She isn't in the car by herself. Her sister is in there, the car is locked and she has a cell phone in her hand. Also, my sister is right behind me watching my car!" She heard none of this and told me that what I had done was illegal and that she should call the cops! I offered to call for her, (my bro. in law is a cop) and this did not amuse her at all. I finally ended up getting in my car and shutting the door while she continued to scream at me! I am sure she took my license plate and called the police.
My day just got better from there. I went to the store after dropping off my kids and thought I would pick up a few treats since I have 12-15 kids at my house at any given time. Mind you, I make homemade bread and 3 healthy meals from scratch nearly every day. I really don't feed my kids junk nonstop. Well the lady checking me out decided that I had picked up a little too much junk and says "Wow, my kids wish they lived at your house!" I snapped out of my grocery store trance and said "What was that?...I was so not in the mood!" She says "You know, obesity is at an all time high. I just can't feed my kids stuff like this. It is so bad for them!" Did she not see the bananas, lettuce, strawberries, etc.? Am I on cadid camera or that Boiling Point show.
Thankfully I am confident that I am at the very least a mediocre Mom and that all you can do it try, right?!
Hang in there you Mom's and don't let the crazy ladies get you down!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I think you actually ARE the mother of the year. Maybe you should get that shirt for Lani that says, "Please do not give my mother unsolicited advice." Check online, they really sell them. KIT!
I can't believe those ladies would have the nerve to stand there and yell at you and judge you like that! I think that they were leveling with you. Trying to make themselves seem superior to you so that they feel better about themselves. Totally there problem, not yours! I lock my kids in the car all the time! I guess that I'm a pretty crappy mom too!
The best part is that the crazy lady left her child alone in the hot car unsupervised to make her way over to yell at you for leaving your child.. I should have driven away with her kid just to teach her a lesson, but then I would have had to leave my kids in the car.
Post a Comment