There have to be worse things than turning 38 years old...like having the stomach flu the day you turn 38 years old! I have to say there have been worse birthdays. There was the food poisoning birthday when I was 16, the nine months pregnant and turning 30 birthday, the surprise party when I was 13 (I only discovered the surprise party after crying all day about not getting a party!) I really can't complain. It has been kind of a challenging year for our little family but I have so much to be grateful for!
1. I'm 38 years old and can run 5 miles while carrying on a conversation without stopping! (I couldn't do that at 18)
2. I survived 4 pregnancies and have the greatest kids a mom could ever wish for including the cutest 1 year old on the planet!
3. Christopher and I are still married and best of friends after 14 years.
4. I have a huge extended family and I love and feel loved by each and every one of them!
5. I have more friends than I deserve and they all give me far more than I give them.
The list could go on and on, but I am still working on getting over this "birthday flu."
We have had some seemingly insurmountable challenges come up these past two years and I was feeling like there was so little I could do. I have felt pretty overwhelmed but finally got on my knees (what I should have been doing all along.) I found this scripture that has really reminded me that we aren't alone here.
D&C 117:16,17
"You know brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power, and then we may stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God , and for his arm to be revealed."
I am mostly thankful for a Heavenly Father that loves us and knows each and every one of us personally and can only imagine how much our older brother loves us to have suffered for all the mistakes I make on a daily basis!
I hope this year that I can have a little more faith and be a lot more worthy of the many blessings that await all of us, if we just ask :)
I'm a lucky girl!
Thanks so much to all the well wishers today! I couldn't have felt more loved!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
You are so wise! Thanks for sharing all of your insights with me on an almost daily basis. I truly appreciate it, and I hope I am as smart and faithful as you someday.
You are the best sister, ever!Thanks for the inspiration. Do you remember my surprise birthday where I was told that I was going to Big Surf when in reality I was going swimming at the Kilgards. To add injury to insult my "friends" hurled water balloons at me to announce the surprise change in plans.I call it my welted legs birthday. Awesome.
Happy birthday again... I hope I too can be as wise as you when I'm as old as you..hehehehehe.. oh wait, that means I've got a boatload to learn this year... crap. I hope I can be HALF as smart as you when I get that old ;-)
Post a Comment