Vacations always SEEM like a good idea when you are sitting in your comfy little house, but actually pulling it off is oh so tricky sometimes. Mom, Christy and I spent countless days planning our simple little trip up to utah. We put so much into the details, what could possibly go wrong? We sent the girls off with Mom and Dad on the flight and headed to Utah in our packed tight mini-van. We only had three quick errands to run and we were off....We made it all the way to Phoenix with out any incidents....Our little Jake suddenly came down with the stomach flu, (this is the boy who almost never throws up!) That's the bad news, the good news is that it was only a 12 hour flu and he was actually over it by the time we made the seemingly endless trip. Christy got the short end of the stick by having to sit in the way back and catch the throw up. I felt like the lucky one that only had to drive most of the way!
Once we made it there we were sure it would be smooth sailing. We forgot how great it is to come up with 3 meals and 4 plus snacks every day for 15 people. Atleast the kids got along, if you call getting along trashing everything in their sight, bless you Bruce and Becca!
The trip was cut short for us because Christopher needed his family more than we needed a vacation. It's good to be loved!
We had the time of our lives and can't wait to be rich and build a summer home in Utah!
Love you Hatches! You're the best hosts ever!
xoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I won't lie and tell you it hasn't seemed a lot quieter around here, but we are sad you had to cut it short. I'm already thinking about the next trip so we can hang out again.
if you didn't want to see me when i got there... all you had to do was DESCREETLY say something like...We wish we didn't have to see you here too... hehehehe
Hi. I found your blog through Tasha's. So fun to see your cute family! I'm attempting to "capture the memories" on a blog too. lifewiththelundells.blogspot
Can't wait for our girls trip in August!
Stephanie
Post a Comment