So my fabulous husband who lives for adventure, stumbled upon me 14 years ago. Okay, so he will be the first to admit that the pluses outweigh the negatives in our marriage. Every now and then he just would give up the clean kids, house and nightly meals for me to be a little crazy, just bust out of my routine!
He came home the other day and reminded me that our anniversary landed on Mother's Day and that I deserved a break. I can't argue with him about that! He had arranged babysitting and all I had to do was plan an incredibly cheap/free trip! Somehow we pulled it off and the next day we were off too Vancouver (Our honeymoon spot.) We had to take separate flights and I was so ready to sleep all the way there. Unfortunately, the guy next to me, decked out in leather and covered in tattoos, had other plans. We, or should I say he, felt like I'd be the perfect person to share his life story with. He did promise that the Hell's Angels would have my back from now on! I can't tell you how comforting that is!
The trip was the best thing we've done in a long time! As much as I hate to agree with Hillary Clinton...is does "take a village" sometimes and I thank all my fabulous family for taking such good care of my little crew while I was away! I couldn't be more grateful. Here's to spontanaity (I'm not even sure how to spell it, that's how much I lack that characteristic!)
We are already planning a tour for all of our family and friends to Vancouver. Get on the list...everyone needs to see that town in their lifetime. Pic's are coming tomorrow :)











3 comments:
So glad you had fun! I'm afraid that our next spontaneous trip will involve Bruce going it alone to Minn. for 6 weeks. Romantic, hmmm?
You gotta love the plane talkers. At least you know you still got it. Next time Christopher needs to splurge for the same flight as you. Otherwise he risks seeing you ride away on a Harley! Put me on the Vancouver list!
Put me on the list! Of course we have to wait for the baby to quit nursing and all, but yes I'm in! I'm glad that you had a break and a wonderful spontaneous vacation with my big brother!
Post a Comment